welcome

SHL Discord

Welcome to the Simulation Hockey League!

The SHL is a hockey player sim league that has been running strong for over thirty seasons in its current iteration! Through the use of Simon T. Hockey Simulator and a unique progression system, the SHL promises to be just what you're looking for and more!
staff
League Management
expand/close

OWNERS:
Leafs4ever
jkrever
Spangle
Trill
teztify

COMMISSIONERS:
Eggy216

SMJHL COMMISSIONERS:
Storm
ztevans
Rabidsponge21

HEAD OFFICE:
CRUTCHFIELD
Formx
prettyburn
ArGarBarGar
Avakael
Copenhagen

SHL GENERAL MANAGERS
Buffalo Stampede:
WannabeFinn

Hamilton Steelhawks:
ThatDamnMcJesus
Gooney

Manhattan Rage:
NUCK
TheRealBK

Minnesota Chiefs:
Baelor Swift
Andybj

New England Wolfpack:
Eggy216
Toivo

Toronto North Stars:
Symmetrik

West Kendall Platoon:
Beaujeaux
JR95

Calgary Dragons:
Steelhead77
c00kies

Edmonton Blizzard:
karlssens
Ace

Los Angeles Panthers:
Wasty
vbottas17

San Francisco Pride:
Grapehead
Joester09

Seattle Riot:
Abdeezy
r1c3bowl22

Texas Renegades:
Phobospwns

Winnipeg Jets:
Nereus
MWHazard

SMJHL GENERAL MANAGERS:
Detroit Falcons:
TheWoZy
Waters

Halifax Raiders:
FourFour
Shmurph

Montreal Militia:
drodger91
ConnorTanner

St. Louis Scarecrows:
TML99
JKortesi81

Colorado Mammoths:
ToeDragon84
InciteHysteria

Kelowna Knights:
Samee
NourFFAK

Prince George Firebirds:
spooked
Sleepy

Vancouver Whalers:
DrunkenTeddy
adamantium
twitter
news
The Simulation Hockey League's 38th Season is currently underway!

Congratulations to the Winnipeg Jets for winning the Season 37 Challenge Cup, and the Detroit Falcons for winning the Season 37 Four Star Cup!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) .reply    .new topic    .new poll   

» S38 SMJHL Championship Week
Copenhagen
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 01:08 PM
.quote   

S26, S29, S32 Challenge Cup Champion and Baby Daddy

Head Office
Member ID: 1622
Rep: 103 pts

Moon Lander Champion!

Task #1 - Make a top 5 list for the playoffs. Top 5 goals in round 1, top 5 players, top 5 noteworthy people in the audience for one of the games, whatever you want. No word count, but if you just list 5 names, you won't get the full 2 tpe. Be a little creative.

Task #2 - Interview one of your teammates as if you stole a reporter's mic before or after a playoff game. If you didn't make the playoffs, do it as though it's the season exit interview. Can be as serious or not-serious as you want. Include at least 3 questions and 3 answers.

Task #3 - Write a goals highlight play by play for one series winning game, or make an infographic featuring stats from a series winning game.
Requirements: At least 250 words for written / at least 4 stats featured in at least 2 different ways for graphics (bar graphs, pie graphs, list of names, etc)

Task #4 - Make a case for who you think deserves to win Playoff MVP.
Requirements: At least 150 words and a minimum of 2 stats.

user posted image

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
THE TOWER OF TRONDHEIM
# B R I N G I N G T H E K A R N O G E
Player ~ Updates

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
.pm   
^
teztify
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 02:43 PM
.quote   

S7, S13, S15, S16 and S28 Challenge Cup Champion

Owner
Member ID: 121
Rep: 220 pts

N/A

Task #1 - Top 5 Playoff Performers

5. Dionyz Vyskoc
The Prince George Firebirds have made it into the final, though they did have some trouble in round two. Dionyz Vyskoc is a big reason that they were able to survive, scoring 3 goals and 9 total points in the 7 games of that series.

4. Connor Tanner
The Montreal Militia had a disappointing round two exit, though they'll be proud of their performance coming in as the bottom seed. Connor Tanner was an all-around producer for the Militia, with 11 points in 13 games.

3. Jack Tanner
Like his brother, Jack Tanner was a leader for the Militia. Playing lower in the line-up at times, Jack was able to expose weaknesses in other teams' depth, netting 12 points in his 13 appearances.

2. Evgueni Marmeladov
The Detroit Falcons' netminder has been nearly unbeatable in these playoffs thus far, and his .935 SV% shows it. The Falcons are a team capable of running up the score, and when Marmeladov plays like this, their games can become runaways.

1. Logan Jensen
Finally, the St. Louis Scarecrows were eliminated in the second round, but Logan Jensen really put the team on his back while they were still in contention. 12 points in 10 games has him atop the leaderboards as it stands.

Task #2 - Interview with Connor Tanner

1. Well Connor here we are, I've found this microphone laying around and the Militia have just forced a Game 7 in Prince George. How are you feeling?
"I’m feeling ecstatic, we’ve fought hard against a great Prince George team and we deserve to be here, but the next game is do or die, I can’t dwell on tonight’s victory otherwise I won’t be focused for tomorrow’s game, and that’s what is most important."

2. Fredrich Koenig has had an incredible rookie season, how concerned are you that Militia fans will forget Connor Tanner with this new star on defence?
"With an announcement coming in a few days I doubt any Militia fan will every forget the scoring prowess of Connor Tanner. I’ve been an elite player my entire stay with the team, including getting into the top 5 in a few categories during this season. My name will be around a while, I promise you that."

3. Finally, rumours are swirling that Koenig's jersey will be retired in the off-season, forcing him to wear a different sweater in S39. Is this true?
"Those rumours are false, I have heard rumours of an announcement coming in the following days after offseason begins in regards to the Tanners though."

Task #3 - Write a goals highlight play by play for one series winning game, or make an infographic featuring stats from a series winning game.
Requirements: At least 250 words for written / at least 4 stats featured in at least 2 different ways for graphics (bar graphs, pie graphs, list of names, etc)

Task #4 - Playoff MVP
As of now, it is difficult to see how you could argue for anyone to win the Playoff MVP who isn’t named Evgueni Marmeladov. The MVP should go to someone who is at least playing in the finals, which eliminates Logan Jensen from our race. The Detroit Falcons’ goaltender has been as good as anyone in these playoffs thus far, and though he has only played a single round of playoff hockey, if his play continues at this level there’s little doubt he will be in contention.

Marmeladov has a shining .935 SV%, which has frustrated opposing shooters who have barely been able to get anything past him. That is by far the best save percentage of any goalie in the playoffs, and a big reason why Detroit has made it through round two and into the finals. Marmeladov also boasts a 1.74 GAA after round two, which makes him the only goaltender with a goals against average below 2.00. The opposition cannot score on this guy, and you’ve got to score to win hockey games. Marmeladov is single-handedly winning games in Detroit, and for that reason, he’s our pick for Playoff MVP.

Task #5
user posted image

This post has been edited by teztify: Jan 14 2018, 01:31 PM

--------------------
"Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar."

user posted image
a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.
user posted image

QUOTE (Spangle @ Nov 22 2013, 12:38 AM)

Believe it or not, I can remember 2 girls who liked me in elementary school. Both were solid 4's or 5's at the time (in my 8 yeard old mind, not now; not on dat Nando grind). Ugly, but not so ugly you'd hang yourself. Of course I was 8 at the time. Dat drought.
.pm   
^
Allegiant
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 03:31 PM
.quote   

S3, S28, S36, S38 Challenge Cup Champion

Coach
Member ID: 1654
Rep: 56 pts

N/A

Task #1: Top Five Checkers

Hitting is one of the more underrated elements of the SHL and SMJHL. Some swear by the value of a physical player, others fear the high penalty minutes that come alongside it. Whichever side of the fence you fall on, there’s no doubting that there are a number of talented hitters in the league. This list will rank the top five hitters thus far in the playoffs, beginning at number five:

#T5: Seth Paige - Kicking off this list is Seth Paige, whose 20 hits in 10 games with St. Louis puts him at two hits a game. The Scarecrows’ playoffs may have ended in disappointment, but Paige represents a high point thanks to his physical game and respectable point production from the blueline.

#T5: Jon Tellofsen - At 20 hits, Tellofsen ties Paige as a rookie on St. Louis. He’s also notched decent points, especially as a rookie, and is yet another high point for a defeated St. Louis team. Checking might not have won them a Finals appearance, but it did serve them well while they were competing.

#4: John Grossman Jr. - Grossman Jr also has 20 hits, but he claims the #4 spot for the same reason that Connor Tanner was narrowly bumped from this list. At 7 games played as opposed to 10, Grossman has hit at a much higher rate than Paige or Tellofsen. He’s a more defensive presence than Paige or Tellofsen, and it shows.

#3: Luisa Koller - In all fairness, Paige, Teloffsen and Grossman all hit at a higher rate than Koller, but given he has a higher statistical number of hits (as opposeed to a tie), he claims this spot. Another defenceman, Koller has notched 4 goals in 7 points to prove himself as a highly effective two-way defender.

#2: Svatoslav Bodnar - Another Scarecrow. Bodnar has notched 25 hits in 10 games to lead the Scarecrows in that statistic. He also leads the team in shots blocked and penalty minutes. A true stay-at-home, gritty defenceman with a little bit of a mean streak, Bodnar is a joy to watch if you like those kinds of players.

#1: Gilfred Alfredsson - With 31 hits in 13 games, Alfredsson has been an absolute physical force for Montreal. He hasn’t scored much and he’s taken a few too many penalties, but as far as getting his team fired up, you can’t ask for much better than his checking game.

Task #2 - Interview with TJ Bayley

Karsten Kadinger: "Hello, hello, America! I'm Karsten Kadinger and I'm your newest anchor. We're here today with TJ Bayley to discuss the Colorado Mammoths season. Is this a strangely light-hearted prank to pull after playoff elimination? Maybe! But we've got to grab those views."

Karsten Kadinger: "Let's get started. How do you feel about your performance this season?"

TJ Bayley: "I definitely have been discouraged about my performance this season. I just needed to be better. I feel like with the opportunities I was given, I should have done more with it. I am actually quite annoyed how I ended my time in Colorado. I am assuming that I will end up in Buffalo next year, so with this, I have to be disappointed. I did not win any team awards either. I just needed to be better, plain and simple. I am disappointed. That is really all I have to say."

Karsten Kadinger: "Fair enough. Why do you think the Mammoths came up short?"

TJ Bayley: "The Mammoths were playing a lot for the future, so we moved some of our more important pieces away to get better for the future. I mean, I think that we had the talent, but I do not blame the GMs for doing what they did. They made fantastic moves to put Colorado in a better spot for the future. There is no doubt that is what they did. They put the team in a much better spot for future teams. I will be rooting them on, definitely. I think they have a lot of potential especially with the draft lottery rolling in their favor. "

Karsten Kadinger: "Looking ahead to next season, how do you feel about the team's chances?"

TJ Bayley: "I love the chances of the Mammoths next year. Look at all of the draft picks in which this team has put together, there is no doubt that we are going to have a solid team. I think we have a great core of players, so there is no doubt that the Mammoths have a strong future in the next few seasons, not just next year. I mean, there are other players heading up to their SHL team, so with this, I think we are going to be in a lot better shape given all of the moves that we made this year. I love the chances."

Karsten Kadinger: "What's next for you personally?"

TJ Bayley: "I am going to see what happens. If I end up in Buffalo next year, I am going to be psyched about that. Obviously, that is my goal, but I have no problem if there is a chance that I need to develop some more in the SMJHL. We will definitely see where I end up, but where I end up, I will be happy about it. There are many options, but my future is bright without a doubt."

Karsten Kadinger: "Who do you want to win the playoffs now that you're out of it?"

TJ Bayley: "You know, it doesn't really matter to me. I am going to look forward to some good hockey. That is what matters to me most, I just want some good hockey to watch and sit back and relax. I have a lot of recovering to do and I can spend some time with the family, I can't complain too much!"

Karsten Kadinger: "Thank you for the interview, Bayley. We look forward to following your career from here."

Following that, Kadinger returns the microphone to the stunned network employee and escapes into the Mammoths locker-room to avoid prosecution.

Task #3: Goal by Victorsson for Detroit

The Scarecrows are really playing desperately this period. Two goals at the mid-way mark from Giueseppe Risolo and Logan Jensen have them locked in a tie with the Falcons, but this is do or die now… we’re passing the fifteen minute mark of the period now…

… The Falcons are taking control of the game now. The Scarecrows really need to tighten up, everything is starting to turn on them. Francesco Bellucci is dominating the puck — he takes a shot, but it misses wide of the net… he races to it swigs around the back of the net. He pauses, turns and fires — and it hits a man in front and sprinkles wide again. The pass comes out to Blackwell who tries to move in with it, but he’s knocked off the puck.

… The puck falls to Francesco Belluci again. He dangles his way around the defender and slides behind the net. He’s looking, but none of the defenders are coming after him. What are they doing? The Scarecrows look — well, scared. Finally an opposite-coloured jersey is coming his way, and he circles out along the boards. He winds up for a shot from a bad angle and —

— Passes! Victorsson has it on his stick, he skates in — stops — fires a wrister! It beats Schmidt over the shoulder and the Falcons have the lead! What a tricky shot by Victorsson, and what a pass by Bellucci!

The Scarecrows really need to do some soul-searching on that one, the Falcons absolutely victimized them at every turn. That’ll be Victorsson’s fourth goal of the playoffs and Belluci’s first assist… Falcons are leading in shots by a wide margin now, the Scarecrows desperately need to survive the rest of this period and come out with a head of steam in the third if they want to prolong their playoff hopes.

Task #4: Vyskov for MVP

Depending on the outcome of the final round of the playoffs, the MVP for Prince George — and certainly the rest of the league — has to be Dionyz Vyksov. This might seem like an odd pick considering he’s fourth in overall scoring, but having just played seven games thanks to Prince George’s automatic by into the second round, that’s an extremely impressive statistic. Nine points in seven games puts him above a point per game, and his six assists shows the degree to which he’s been able to effectively set up plays for his team. In addition to that, he’s notched a +3 thanks to his solid two-way play, and has recorded three of his nine points on the powerplay.

Paddy Kane-Rielly follows behind Vyskoc as the Firebird’s second top scorer, with seven points, putting him fairly close to Vyskov in terms of play. However, at this pace, he won’t likely be able to overtake him in terms of points - especially not assists. Detroit, on the other hand, has seen much more of a full-team effort, which makes it more difficult to identify a clear ‘MVP’ in the event that they take the final series.

So, at this stage, my vote is going to Vyksov. Whether it’s his playmaking prowess, his auxiliary scoring, or his reliability as a two-way player up front, playing nearly 21 minutes a game as a forward, he’s just been an irreplacable player for the team. At the end of the day, the MVP should be the player that the team most found their success due to, and Vyskov fits that description perfectly.

Task #5: Falcons Cup Banner

user posted image

This post has been edited by Allegiant: Jan 14 2018, 11:03 AM

--------------------
user posted image

Affiliate of: user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted image
.pm   
^
Rancidbudgie
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 03:56 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2874
Rep: 4 pts

N/A
N/A

Task #1 - Make a top 5 list for the playoffs. Top 5 goals in round 1, top 5 players, top 5 noteworthy people in the audience for one of the games, whatever you want. No word count, but if you just list 5 names, you won't get the full 2 tpe. Be a little creative.

TOP 5 Punishers of the Playoffs (Hits)

1. Gilfred Alfredsson
The Montreal enforcer leads the playoffs with 31 hits, albeit having 13 games to do so. He also racked up 28 PIM patrolling the Militia blue-line, twice as much as the next highest penalized player on the team.

2. Svatoslav Bodnar
The Scarecrows leading punisher, and second-most penalized player of the regular season, dished out 2.5 hits per game (25 in 10 games), and like Alfredsson, led his team in PIM for the playoffs.

3. Luisa Koller
The rough-and-tumble Militia defenseman, the second on this list, was not only second on her team in playoff hits, but 3rd in playoff points. Luisa not only delivered 21 hits, but received 19 as she made sure she was everywhere in the play when she was on the ice.

4. John Grossman Jr.
On a team full of top-rate scorers, Grossman Jr. understood his role well, dishing out 20 hits so far these playoffs over only 7 games, double that of any other skater on Prince George. Entering the finals against Detroit, Grossman Jr. hopes to bring the pain against a Falcons squad and wear them down, past the point of repeating as Four Star Cup Champions

5. Jon Tellofsen
The only rookie to make this list, and the only rookie even in the top 10 in playoff hits, the Scarecrows defenseman dished out 20 hits while only receiving 4 over the Crow's 10 games for the highest HIT-HTT ratio on this list (5:1). Tellofsen didn't sacrifice offense or defence for physicality though, recording 5 points (good for 8th in rookie playoff scoring), and maintaining a positive +/- rating, as well as only recording 14 PIM.

Task #2 - Interview one of your teammates as if you stole a reporter's mic before or after a playoff game. If you didn't make the playoffs, do it as though it's the season exit interview. Can be as serious or not-serious as you want. Include at least 3 questions and 3 answers.

Hank Anchorman: "After the St. Louis Scarecrows' win here tonight, they have swept the Vancouver Whalers in 4 games. We now go live to reporter Wouter Gimble who is on deck with Scarecrows goaltender Friederich Schmidt"

(Cut to the hallway off of the ice, but instead of the reporter Wouter Gimble holding the mike, it is Jon Tellofsen of the St. Louis Scarecrows smiling and holding the mike next to a smirking Friederich Schmidt)

Tellofsen: "So, Schmidtty, you stood on your head for four games and didn't concede a single game to Vancouver. What steroids did you use?"

(Tellofsen doesn't even finish the question and Schmidt begins to laugh and protest)

Schmidt: "No, no, no performance enhancing drugs. Just in the zone, I guess"

Tellofsen: "Yeah, after starting as the backup and kinda being thrown in at the last minute, you've been stellar. How did you do it?"

Schmidt: "Well with no help from you on defense, Telly" (Tellofsen and Schmidt laugh)

Tellofsen: "Haha yeah man, you bailed me out a couple of times this series, I owe you a steak eh?"

Schmidt: "Damn, right, Telly. Two steaks. Back to you, Hank"

Task #5 - Create a 4 Star Cup Championship banner similar to the one the SHL uses at the top of the site.
Requirements: Must include a team logo and at least one player render.

Placeholder for some, will edit later
.pm   
^
Keenan
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 06:25 PM
.quote   

S15, S16 and S28 Challenge Cup Champion

Members
Member ID: 622
Rep: 123 pts

N/A

Task #1 Top 5 Players most likely to score the Cup winning goal.

5. Mathias Victorsson- With 4 goals, he is tied for the lead among players still in the playoffs. He also pitched in 18 goals during the regular season, during which he spent some time on the second line. Now on line one don't be surprised if Victorsson is the player to seal the deal for the Falcons.

4. Paddy Kane-Rielly- Part of that dynamic Prince George first line, Kane dishes it out more than he scores, but don't let that fool you. He has a hell of a shot as evidenced by his 24 regular season goals and 3 playoff tallies.

3. Dionyz Vyskoc- Another part of the aforementioned line, pretty much everything that can be said about Kane-Rielly can be said about Vyskoc.

2. Francesco Bellucci- Although he only tallied one goal in Detroit's first playoff series against Kelowna, Bellucci netted 22 goals in the regular season. With a stick like that don't be surprised if he's the one that can get the cup GWG.

1. Blabar Bananastrom- Already at 4 goals this post season, and an amazing 28 during the regular season Bananastrom is an easy guess for who will get any particular goal. With Vsykoc and Kane-Rielly putting great passes in his wheelhouse, the smart money is on Bananastrom to get the GWG of the series.

Task 2: An Exclusive with Fredrich Koenig

Kyle Keenan Jr. runs into the Montreal Locker Room with a microphone
http://i5.ifrm.com/14976/177/emo/reporter.gif Mr. Koenig, Mr. Koenig. Over here.

FK: Where did you get that Keenan?

http://i5.ifrm.com/14976/177/emo/reporter.gif Well that's neither here nor there. Also I'm the guy with the mic so I'm the one asking the questions. I guess I'll make my first question an easy one: is this your first time getting interviewed? I mean it's pretty basic stuff that the guy with the mic asks the questions, but I suppose if this was your first interview that would explain it.

FK: *heavy sigh* No, it's not my first time getting interviewed...

http://i5.ifrm.com/14976/177/emo/reporter.gif Oh, good. Then I don't need to explain which end of this thing is the talky side. You're full of surprises my good chum. On to the playoffs: sucks we were eliminated but we took it to 7 games and gave it our best shot. Assuming you're coming back to Montreal next season how do you like our odds?

FK: I think we have a decent squad. We'll definitely be losing some talent to the SHL, but with another strong draft and some of our guys returning again I think we'll make a good splash next season.

http://i5.ifrm.com/14976/177/emo/reporter.gif Great answer. Kinda wish this thing was plugged into a tape or something so I could listen to it again whenever I'm feeling down. One last question before I let you go and "get your Fried on". Any goals for next season?

FK: The cup is always the big goal, the one everyone else works up to. Everything else is gravy.

http://i5.ifrm.com/14976/177/emo/reporter.gif Thank you Friedrich, you've been a great accessory to my theft of this microphone.

Task 3: MTL vs PGF game 7

We're nearing the 5 minute mark of this game 7 as both these teams would love to finish this up to take on Detroit for the 4 star cup. The powerplay unit is on the ice for the Firebirds as Alexandroff sends Vyskoc up the ice. He fires it.... but it's wide, the loose puck picked up by Toothsome. He skates around the net, sees Vyskoc, sends it his way and he scores! Dionyz Vyskoc puts the Firebirds up early in this elimination game.

Just over 8 minutes have gone by, the Firebirds already with a 1-0 lead and they control the puck in the attacking zone. Heikennen passes to an open Vyskoc, will he get another? He fakes the shot and sends it to Anders Christiansen who shoots and scores! Less than 10 minutes in and the Firebirds have a 2-0 lead.

We are just about at the 11 and a half mark, and Montreal has yet to do much of anything in this very important game. They look to break out, but the pass is intercepted by Nylander, he passes to Vyskoc, who scores! 3-0 Firebirds with less than 9 minutes to play.

Task 4: MVP

Whoever wins MVP for the playoffs will undoubtedly be whoever performs the best in these 4 star cup finals. After all, both of these teams had bye weeks for the first round and therefore only have one series of data to go on at this point. Right now my money is on Prince George's Dionyz Vyskoc. His 3 goals and 6 assists in the first round give him the most points of any player coming into the finals. Not only that but he showed in the regular season that he has the skill to keep that scoring pace up. A lot can change when the result is going to rely heavily on what happens during this one series, but at the moment my bet for playoff MVP would go to Dionyz Vyskoc.

Task 5: Why there is a court order against me doing GFX

Not letting me embed for whatever reason, probably for the best, as few people should see this as possible.

https://imgur.com/a/2ZDNo

This post has been edited by Keenan: Jan 13 2018, 07:46 PM

--------------------
Kyle Keenan Career (S11-S25)
758 GP 189 G 362 A 551 Pts
user posted image
.pm    .email   
^
NorwegianDemon
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 11:10 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2926
Rep: 1 pts

N/A
N/A

Task #1
Top 5 Saves in Round 1
5. Ben Holtby save on Nolan Snipez clearance in the second game between Kelowna and Montreal.
user posted image

4. Julian O'sullivan glove save against Brady McIntyre in the second game between the St. Louis Scarecrows and the Vancouver Whalers.
user posted image

3. Cédric Moreau glove save on Maxim Poulin while being down on the ice in game 4 between Montreal and Kelowna.
user posted image

2. During the fourth game between the Whalers and the Scarecrows, Friedrich Schmidt made that spectacular glove save on Gabriel Wong.
user posted image

1. Ben Holtby tremendous save while on his back against Connor Tanner in the last game between the Kelowna Knights and the Montreal Militia.
user posted image

Task #3
The play by play is going to be from the seven game of the semifinals serie between the Montreal Militia and the Prince George Firebirds.

A minor penalty is given to Kyle Kennan Jr for holding. The Prince George Firebirds get their first opportunity of the game. Jim Elliot, on the penalty kill, clears the puck all the way into the Firebirds territory. The puck is stop behind the net by Firebirds goaltender Aleksandr Aleksandrov who leaves it there for Tomáš Toothsome who starts going up the ice. He passed it to Dionýz Vyskoč in the neutral zone. Vyskoč enters the zone from the right side and takes a quick shot on net which misses wide. The puck rolls across the board all the way to Tomáš Toothsome at the blue line. He gives to puck back to Dionýz Vyskoč on his left who one-time the puck towards the net and bets the Militia goaltender blocker side and the Firebirds take a one goal lead.

Paddy Kane-Rielly gets the puck behind his net and pass it to Zemgus Nylander in the neutral zone. Nylander enters the Militia zone and dumps the puck along the board all the way to Daedric Heikennin on the other side of the ice. Heikennin leaves the puck behind him to Dionýz Vyskoč. Vyskoč finds Anders Christiansen all alone in front of the net and the Norwegian bury the puck in to double the Firebirds lead.

Montreal dumps the puck in the Firebirds zone to proceed to some line changes. Zemgus Nylander gets to the puck first and pass it to Dionýz Vyskoč at the opposition blue line. Vyskoč take a slapshot as he enters the zone and beats Cédric Moreau high on the glove side. The Firebirds now lead 3 goals to 0.

Task #5
user posted image

This post has been edited by NorwegianDemon: Yesterday at 09:09 pm

--------------------
user posted image user posted image

user posted image
.pm   
^
Massive Coiler
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 02:14 PM
.quote   

Top 100... in our hearts

Members
Member ID: 1138
Rep: 17 pts

N/A
N/A

Task #1 -

Top 5 Playoff Performers:

#5: Paddy Kane-Rielly

The regular season leading scorer, and one of the best players in the league is at #5 only because of his lack of games played to show off what he is capable of. Currently point per game, he is capable of expanding on that in his current series. Very skilled and just as dangerous, he could very well be #1 on this list if it were done once the playoffs are finished.

#4 Dionýz Vyskoč

Had his team not had a bye to start the playoffs, he most likely would be higher on this list. 9 points in 7 games, he leads the top seed PGF in scoring. If his play holds up, his team will most likely take the championship and his play will be seen as a huge factor.

#3/2 Jack and Connor Tanner

The defensive duo of Jack and Connor Tanner have both individually had spectacular postseason runs so far. Together however, they look like an unstoppable offensive force from either side of the blue line. With 23 points split between the two of them and 119 shots, they are the most terrifying defensive players in the league right now. A huge reason for their team's success, they are currently driving the offensive, all while starting from the back end.

#1 Logan Jensen

Though his team is no longer in it, he managed to have 12 points in 10 games, with 7 goals along the way. +5 player, he was active in both ends and would have definitely been an MVP candidate had his team made the finals. While being the 10th highest scorer in the regular season, he took his game to a whole new level these playoffs. Jensen managed some very impressive play and numbers that were unfortunately cut short by his team's second round exit.

Task #2 -

Hey! It's Tony Snow here in the Crows locker room, we just beat Vancouver for the 4th time in a row! It's crazy hectic in here right now so I'm gonna get a quick scoop from one of the players!

http://i5.ifrm.com/14976/177/emo/reporter.gif Hey Pete! I'm here with Pete Walker, ELITE defensive centre for us. Hey, what are your thoughts about us finishing the series in four games?

Pete: Yeah, uhhh. *sniffs* We just went out there and played our game. Uhhh, got pucks in deep, bounces went our way, uhhh, yeah worked hard as a team and listened to the coach and executed the game plan.

http://i5.ifrm.com/14976/177/emo/reporter.gif Alright, Pete, it's just me. You don't need to treat this like a real interview. Anyway, how do you plan on celebrating after tonight?

Pete: *sniffs* Well, uhhh, gonna give 110% out there tonight. Gonna try to get about 15 drinks deep and uhhh, *sniffs* gotta hope the bouncers go our way. Gotta get executing the game plan and we'll build off of that.

http://i5.ifrm.com/14976/177/emo/reporter.gif Alright whatever. Pete, how are you gonna prepare for the next series?

Pete: Uhhh, you know, just gotta play hard, finish every check. If we keep the pressure we know the puck is gonna go the way we want and start ending up in the other net. *sniffs* Gotta be ready to give it everything for every shift. Coach wants us to play a certain way and, uhhh, *sniffs* we have to get into that mentality.

http://i5.ifrm.com/14976/177/emo/reporter.gif Uhhh, thanks Pete. This is Tony Snow and uhhh... yeah....

Task #5 - Create a 4 Star Cup Championship banner similar to the one the SHL uses at the top of the site.

This post has been edited by Massive Coiler: Jan 14 2018, 02:42 PM

--------------------
user posted image
THANKS TO ACE FOR THE "GREAT" SIG
My Player
Update Page
.pm   
^
CptSquall
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 05:55 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2888
Rep: 3 pts

N/A
N/A

Task #1 - Make a top 5 list for the playoffs. Top 5 goals in round 1, top 5 players, top 5 noteworthy people in the audience for one of the games, whatever you want. No word count, but if you just list 5 names, you won't get the full 2 tpe. Be a little creative. I present you you my Top five playoff performances.

5. Howie Dewitt's three point performance in a lopsided, barn burner of a loss to the Crows deserves a mention.

4. Impressivly the same Crows team can take this spot as no less than FIVE players had multi point games including three points from Logan Jensen and all but two players were positive in a stunning 7-4 win to send the Whalers home.

3. Breaking from points, Richard Physt's SIX big hits on 3rd line ice time, whilst not incurring any PIMs helped to spark the Knights to a game five win to stay alive against the Militia.

2. Rookie sensation Patrick Brumm Jr's two goal lamp lighting was what was needed to pull out the series winning 3-2 win for the Milita in game six to crush the nights in battle.

1. Honestly the way to start your first playoff series is to come up big and just SHINE. My top moment goes to Cedric Moreau and his game one SHUTOUT of the Kelowna Knights. Being outshot 32-18 and still coming up with a 3-0 win. He was a beast and set the tone for the series. A goalie who can steal games wil come up big for ANY team.

Task #2 - Interview one of your teammates as if you stole a reporter's mic before or after a playoff game. If you didn't make the playoffs, do it as though it's the season exit interview. Can be as serious or not-serious as you want. Include at least 3 questions and 3 answers. Richard Physt managed to catch Hunter Jones with a light hearted media steal.

1. How did you feel you did during the S38 Season?

"I felt i could have done so much more, but i left it all out there."

2. What are your goals for next season?

"Improve upon my performance and bring home a championship."

3. How are things in Calgary, will you be called up?

"If the Dragons feel i am ready to come and play then I am fully commited to bringing my A game and then some.

Miervaldis Frīdrihs Ozoliņš' Hope giving Goal

Middle of the third here in game six of the SMJHL Quarter FInals. Score is 3-1 Militia in a game they could put the Knights away in. Faceoff is in the Knights zone after a cover my Big Ben Holtby. Barbie Tanner will take on Fenton Uriel, puck is dropped. As it has been all night Tanner wins the draw, winning it back to Rocky Park and the Militia set up play. Park sends it to Michael Owens, he takes his time to open up a route and dishes it to Luisa Koller. Koller. shoots! High and Wide. It hangs about behind the net and is picked up by Uriel. Fenton, sends it over to Lyndis Vakarian who flips it out to D man Christian Petersen in the neutral zone and here come the Knights. Petersen crosses the blueline. Dishes to Sigurd Hansen, who cycles to Miervaldis Frīdrihs Ozoliņš, to Pass to Lyndis Vakarian. Shot! Moreau with the save but the rebound pops out to Fenton Uriel on the backhand and rifles it wide. Miervaldis Frīdrihs Ozoliņš picks it up, walks out, shoots. SCORES! Miervaldis Frīdrihs Ozoliņš pops a hard wrister short side and the Knights are back within one! Could this be the start of an amazing comeback? I don't know John, if Kelowna can stay out of the penalty box i think they stand a chance five on five. This moment would be the last, best moment for the S38 Knights as both Tenders would shut it down and the Militia would win 3-2 to move on.

Due to the face that he is nearly point per game as a DEFENSEMAN and took over a game with one of only three playoff hat tricks. I make the case that Jack Tanner, with his 12 points in 13 games on a balanced offense with six goals and six assists should be playoff MVP. Also not a stat but relevant i think is that he is instrumental in dragging the sixth place Militia to within one win of returning to the SMJHL playoffs against the high scoring Firebirds. Add to that that the two teams in the finals both had byes in round 1 i still feel like this is a solid choice. A case could also be made for Cedric Moreau as he has the best GAA and SV% for any goalie not on DET or PGF. If it holds up OR the Goaltenders from the finals fall below he could take it.

user posted image

This post has been edited by CptSquall: Jan 14 2018, 05:56 PM

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Making it happen Captain.

The Original: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=84419

The Update: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=84620

.pm    .email   
^
TimmyP17
 Posted: Yesterday at 09:08 am
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2910

N/A
N/A

(Placeholder)

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image

Player Profile: http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic=84750
TPE Update: http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic=84753
.pm    .email   
^
Mongoose87
 Posted: Yesterday at 01:55 pm
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2862

N/A
N/A

1. Top Five players that Deserved Better in the Playoffs:

Connor Tanner (MTL) - Connor Tanner led the playoffs with three game winning goals and put up 11 points, third in the playoffs, and seven goals, good for a tie for first in the whole playoffs, so far.

Jack Tanner (MTL) - It would be unfair to mention one Tanner without mentioning the other. While Jack did not match Connor's 3 GWG, he tied for the playoff lead with 12 points.

Cédric Moreau (MTL) - I know you're ready to scream Montreal bias, but Moreau was positively shelled, facing over a hundred more shots than the next most in the post-season.

Noah Nørup (KEL) - Nørup averaged over 24 minutes of ice time per game, put up four points in six games fro mthe blue line and blocked a team-leading 12 shots, good for fourth in the post-season, despite being bounced in round one. That kind of heart deserves better.

Logan Jensen (STL) Jensen put up a playoff leading 12 points and 7 goals in only 10 games played, shooting nearly 22%.

2. Interview With Teammate to12143/ Yannick Berger

Q1. The Raiders’ season was disappointing, but you personally had a very strong showing, particularly for a rookie. What would you say is the achievement you’re most proud of from this past season?

A1: I’d have to say it was leading all rookies in points. Even with what many would consider the worst team this season being able to make scoring opportunities and help the team by setting other players up has always been how I want to score, and I was able to do exactly that. I also feel like that since we were a team full of rookies that will now be going into our second season together, we’re going to have a lot of team chemistry and we’re going to have the experience needed to turn around and really do well next season.

Q2. What do you think Halifax needs to do in order to turn things around next season?

A2:Just experience, as I just stated the team had a lot of rookies last season and as such we were learning on the fly. Having that season of experience now allows us to go into this season in a great spot, and should allow us to make the leap needed. Now that we have that experience, and add in the new rookies coming in this upcoming season, and I think we’ll have a great chance to really turn some heads this season.

Q3. Tomorrow is draft day. Do you have your eye on any teams in particular? What sort of situation are you hoping to get drafted into?

A3:I really don’t have my eye on any team, I’m willing to go wherever I get drafted to and do whatever is asked of me in order to make it in the SHL. Obviously going to a team on the edge of victory, or a team that has already secured a championship recently, would be the best situation but I feel like I would make more of an impact on a rebuilding team. Really I just want to get drafted.

user posted image

In today’s game, like it or not, no one wins MVP without seeing the final round of the playoffs. It’s hard enough to win without being on the winning team. If you don’t make it to the finals, you can stop hoping right now. That simple fact makes this selection process much easier. It rules our both the Tanners, as impressive as their playoffs have been, as well as Logan Jensen, with his astounding 12 points in 10 games.
Bearing that in mind, I’m inclined to look to Paddy Kane-Rielly to have a strong showing in the finals and come home MVP. He’s putting up a point per game, with three goals and four assists in seven games. He’s leading his team in minute per game, truly impressive for a forward. He’s also tied for his team lead in +/-. A well-rounded full ice game like that is impressive, and deserves to be recognized.

TBA

This post has been edited by Mongoose87: Today at 01:44 pm

--------------------
.pm   
^
Nobody
 Posted: Yesterday at 07:31 pm
.quote   

N/A

IIHF GM
Member ID: 2868
Rep: 3 pts

N/A
N/A

Task 1
Task 2
Task 3
Task 4
Task 5
user posted image

--------------------
user posted image

Banking Temp
Player Page
Player Updates
.pm   
^
CDub2
 Posted: Today at 01:22 pm
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2854

N/A
N/A

TOP 5 Face-Off Men in the Finals

1) Has to be PKR (PGF) - While he might not have the best FO% on this list, the sheer number of face-offs he's taken in the playoffs is staggering, not to mention, he's been above 50% almost every night against the other team's best guys.

2) Kevin Marks (DET) - See above reasoning, but just less face-offs taken and a lower percentage. But so far this finals, Marks has been very dominant. So he may just be heating up in the dot at the right time.

3) Alexander Zajac (PGF) - The PGF second line centre, while a first liner on most other teams, has been pretty good in the dot in the playoffs. Winning over 53% coming into the finals is hitting a pretty good mark. Again, he's doing this against other teams best lines is tough to do, but hes been very good in the finals

4) Carter Manning (PGF) - The PGF third liner has been good for 2 things in the finals: Getting hit and winning face-offs. Splitting time on the 3 line C with fellow rookie Anders Christiansen, Manning has been above 55% in the playoffs. While playing time is limited, Manning/Christiansen have been great.

5) Grayson St. Reagan (DET) - Another rook to make the list, he's another player with limited playing time, but has made every minute count. Very solid in the dot, he's winning above 50%. While it may be against weaker competition, it still good to see a rookie contributing this much in the finals.

This post has been edited by CDub2: Today at 01:23 pm

--------------------
.pm   
^
Muford
 Posted: Today at 03:17 pm
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2923
Rep: 0 pts

N/A
N/A

Game seven of the Montreal versus Prince George Firebirds saw all the big names coming into Prince George. Game 7 was the game to push either Prince George into the finals for the first time in eight seasons. A lot of big named players from the SHL came out, Tommy Tuck’s brother Tor was there, Ben Waters was also in attendance. These two guys either really want Prince George to win, or they could be doing some scouting for the draft, who knows. Two other huge named stars were in the building that night, The Great Wayne Gretzky and Patrick Roy were also there, cheering on Prince George! Who could also forget about Jim Carrey, who even in disguise was very recognizable.

Tommy Tuck was able to sit down with none other than Defenseman Mikhail Petrikov and ask him a few questions.

Question 1: How has your performance so far throughout these finals influenced your way of training for the next game?

MP: I've gotten a few points throughout our series, but I still feel like I could be doing better. Especially since im playing first line, I do feel like my production should be more steady.

Question 2: What is your daily routine on Game Day?

MP: On gamedays I'll wake up at 9. I'll usually lay in bed for about 15 minutes, processing my dreams and morning thoughts. After that, it's a long shower until 10 to relax. Once I'm done in the shower, its time for a healthy protein packed brunch. Chorizo, bacon, mushrooms, peppers and eggs, all wrapped up in nice tortillas, plus hash browns and milk. After that, its off to the stadium for stretches and preskate, plus some film. Then its gametime Baby!

Question 3: I heard that you go commando on game days, is it true, and if so, why?

MP: Those rumors are unsubstantiated! I have no idea what you are insinuating, but I don't like it.

mdubz

This post has been edited by Muford: 37 minutes ago

--------------------
user posted image
.pm   
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

.options    Pages: (2) 1 2  .reply    .quick reply    .new topic    .new poll