welcome

SHL Discord

Welcome to the Simulation Hockey League!

The SHL is a hockey player sim league that has been running strong for over thirty seasons in its current iteration! Through the use of Simon T. Hockey Simulator and a unique progression system, the SHL promises to be just what you're looking for and more!
staff
League Management
expand/close

OWNERS:
Leafs4ever
jkrever
Spangle
Trill
teztify

COMMISSIONERS:
Eggy216

SMJHL COMMISSIONERS:
Storm
ztevans
Rabidsponge21

HEAD OFFICE:
CRUTCHFIELD
Formx
prettyburn
ArGarBarGar
Avakael
Copenhagen

SHL GENERAL MANAGERS
Buffalo Stampede:
WannabeFinn

Hamilton Steelhawks:
ThatDamnMcJesus
Gooney

Manhattan Rage:
NUCK
TheRealBK

Minnesota Chiefs:
Baelor Swift
Andybj

New England Wolfpack:
Eggy216
Toivo

Toronto North Stars:
Symmetrik

West Kendall Platoon:
Beaujeaux
JR95

Calgary Dragons:
Steelhead77
c00kies

Edmonton Blizzard:
karlssens
Ace

Los Angeles Panthers:
Wasty
vbottas17

San Francisco Pride:
Grapehead
Joester09

Seattle Riot:
Abdeezy
r1c3bowl22

Texas Renegades:
Phobospwns

Winnipeg Jets:
Nereus
MWHazard

SMJHL GENERAL MANAGERS:
Detroit Falcons:
TheWoZy
Waters

Halifax Raiders:
FourFour
Shmurph

Montreal Militia:
drodger91
ConnorTanner

St. Louis Scarecrows:
TML99
JKortesi81

Colorado Mammoths:
ToeDragon84
InciteHysteria

Kelowna Knights:
Samee
NourFFAK

Prince George Firebirds:
spooked
Sleepy

Vancouver Whalers:
DrunkenTeddy
adamantium
twitter
news
The Simulation Hockey League's 38th Season is currently underway!

Congratulations to the Winnipeg Jets for winning the Season 37 Challenge Cup, and the Detroit Falcons for winning the Season 37 Four Star Cup!

.reply    .new topic    .new poll   

» Former first overall selection receives the call., Connor Tanner sits with the media.
Keygan
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 02:09 PM
.quote   

Montreal Militia Co-GM

SMJHL GM
Member ID: 2761
Rep: 23 pts

N/A
N/A

user posted image
Connor Tanner skates with the Steelhawks for the first time in over two seasons.

After a soul crushing 3 to 1 loss at the hand of the Firebirds in the semi-finals Connor Tanner has officially received the call that he has been waiting for. He’s been asked to travel to Hamilton immediately in order to begin practicing with his teammates immediately.

He’s now prepared to answer any and all questions the media has to offer.

QUOTE (ThatDamnMcJesus @ Jan 13 2018, 12:12 PM)
What are your expectations for your rookies season?

I expect to at bare minimum be in the fighting for the Jesster. I was an elite player in the SMJHL no matter where you slotted me in the roster. I expect not an over abundance of minutes but the minutes I play I plan on being one of the most effective players on the ice. I've been really striving to be a much better passer and my positioning on the ice and I think that will reflect it in the stats.

What do you of the Steelhawks current lineup?

I think we have an elite tier blue line, quite possibly the best set of 6 in the entire league, and our forward corps are getting nothing but better. You look at guys like Odjick, Wozy and Phelps and you see guys only 2-3 years older than me putting up elite numbers and they can only get better. You add that in with slightly older guys like Westbrook, Stamkos and Kennedy, it's a formidable offense. It's not Winnipeg level but it could be there in the coming seasons. Plus you add in Harrak, Wyder and the fresh face of Konig and you have a young, but developing offense. I think we're a strong team and will command a lot of respect this season.

are Steelhawks finally contenders for the challenge cup?

Absolutely, I truly believe if you saw a change in the outcome of Minnesota and Hamilton game 7 that there's a good chance you see Hamilton battling it out with Calgary in the finals right now. We were a contender before, now you replace someone like Sinikka with myself and move Stamkos off of an unnatural position like center and you truly have something going for you. That's without the inclusion of someone huge like Zander Rhys. We're going to be scary for a long time.

What is one area of your game do you want to work on?

My physicality, I think I totalled less than a hit a game during my 3 seasons in the minors and that's not good enough. I'm a big boy, 6'3, 225 and I can't knock these idiots off the puck? I've gotta do better.

Will Montreal still be good without you?

Montreal needs rookies from this season to turn into studs next season, a lot of our team is getting the call to the show and it's going to hurt I'm sure, but Koenig is reminding me a lot of myself when you look at the stats. It's a good time to be a Militia fan.

What is your favorite food?

Fried chicken, I know it's greasy and fattening but fuck me man I love me some fucking Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Who is your favorite GM?

Probably Joey Wheeler of the Kelowna Knights, he's a fun guy to talk to and never fails to make me smile.

Oh... Shit... You wanted me to say you didn't you..

Uh.. I meant to say Hallsy from Hamilton, he's the best!

Oh shit you wanted me to say Gooney? Fuck oh yeah Gooney is the best GM in the entire SHL? Didn’t he basically rob the Renegades of Kaiser?

= = = = =

QUOTE (CFJ @ Jan 13 2018, 12:37 PM)
http://i5.ifrm.com/14976/177/emo/reporter.gif Expectations for the upcoming season?

Fairly lofty, after a fourth seed appearance in the playoffs in a season we didn't win more than two games in a row my expectations are high. We've only gotten better since that too, adding Rhys and calling up myself we've increased our teams overall ability on the ice by quite a large margin in my eyes.

http://i5.ifrm.com/14976/177/emo/reporter.gif We've heard that Ronnie Westbrook and his fiance have offered you to stay with them for the time being before you find a place in Hamiltion? Is this true?

It is true, at one point Ronnie Westbrook actually offered me to sleep in his bed with him, and his fiance would take the couch but ultimately I decided to opt for the offer from Robert Phelps who is a guy I've grown quite fond of in recent years after being opposition for my first season.

http://i5.ifrm.com/14976/177/emo/reporter.gif Where do you see yourself in the next 5 seasons in Hamilton or just the SHL in general?

In Hamilton no doubt, once I hit 21 and am eligible for an eight season extension I will be signing it.

= = = = =

QUOTE (Winter is Coming @ Jan 13 2018, 12:40 PM)
Are you ready to fuck shit up?

Absolutely

= = = = =

This post has been edited by Keygan: Jan 13 2018, 03:24 PM

--------------------
user posted image
CODE
1. Montreal Militia , Barbie Tanner 5 (Jack Tanner 15, Connor Tanner 11) at 3:55

First Triple Tanner Point.
.pm    .email   
^
ThatDamnMcJesus
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 02:12 PM
.quote   

S20, S21, S25 Smelly Fart Champion

SHL GM
Member ID: 283
Rep: 102 pts

Pacman Champion!

Who is your favorite GM?

--------------------

user posted image ]
user posted image
.pm   
^
Keygan
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 02:34 PM
.quote   

Montreal Militia Co-GM

SMJHL GM

N/A
N/A

I expect to at bare minimum be in the fighting for the Jesster. I was an elite player in the SMJHL no matter where you slotted me in the roster. I expect not an over abundance of minutes but the minutes I play I plan on being one of the most effective players on the ice. I've been really striving to be a much better passer and my positioning on the ice and I think that will reflect it in the stats.

I think we have an elite tier blue line, quite possibly the best set of 6 in the entire league, and our forward corps are getting nothing but better. You look at guys like Odjick, Wozy and Phelps and you see guys only 2-3 years older than me putting up elite numbers and they can only get better. You add that in with slightly older guys like Westbrook, Stamkos and Kennedy, it's a formidable offense. It's not Winnipeg level but it could be there in the coming seasons. Plus you add in Harrak, Wyder and the fresh face of Konig and you have a young, but developing offense. I think we're a strong team and will command a lot of respect this season.

Absolutely, I truly believe if you saw a change in the outcome of Minnesota and Hamilton game 7 that there's a good chance you see Hamilton battling it out with Calgary in the finals right now. We were a contender before, now you replace someone like Sinikka with myself and move Stamkos off of an unnatural position like center and you truly have something going for you. That's without the inclusion of someone huge like Zander Rhys. We're going to be scary for a long time.

My physicality, I think I totalled less than a hit a game during my 3 seasons in the minors and that's not good enough. I'm a big boy, 6'3, 225 and I can't knock these idiots off the puck? I've gotta do better.

Montreal needs rookies from this season to turn into studs next season, a lot of our team is getting the call to the show and it's going to hurt I'm sure, but Koenig is reminding me a lot of myself when you look at the stats. It's a good time to be a Militia fan.

Fried chicken, I know it's greasy and fattening but fuck me man I love me some fucking Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Who is your favorite GM?

Probably Joey Wheeler of the Kelowna Knights, he's a fun guy to talk to and never fails to make me smile.

Oh shit you wanted me to say Gooney? Fuck oh yeah Gooney is the best GM in the entire SHL? Didn’t he basically rob the Renegades of Kaiser?

This post has been edited by Keygan: Jan 13 2018, 02:41 PM

--------------------
user posted image
CODE
1. Montreal Militia , Barbie Tanner 5 (Jack Tanner 15, Connor Tanner 11) at 3:55

.pm    .email   
^
CFJ
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 02:37 PM
.quote   

S34, S38 Challenge Cup Champion

SHL Media Graders
Member ID: 2509
Rep: 31 pts

N/A

http://i5.ifrm.com/14976/177/emo/reporter.gif Expectations for the upcoming season?

http://i5.ifrm.com/14976/177/emo/reporter.gif We've heard that Ronnie Westbrook and his fiance have offered you to stay with them for the time being before you find a place in Hamiltion? Is this true?

http://i5.ifrm.com/14976/177/emo/reporter.gif Where do you see yourself in the next 5 seasons in Hamilton or just the SHL in general?

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Wasty, Jepox, kareykoala, NUCK and Symmetrik for the sigs.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
CODE
First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

user posted image user posted image user posted image
.pm   
^
ThatDamnMcJesus
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 02:37 PM
.quote   

SHL GM

Pacman Champion!

QUOTE (Keygan @ Jan 13 2018, 01:34 PM)

No I wanted you to say Gooney FFS Gooney

--------------------

user posted image ]
user posted image
.pm   
^
Winter is Coming
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 02:40 PM
.quote   

S35 Challenge Cup Champion || DELETE

Rookie Mentor Committee
Member ID: 1663
Rep: 75 pts

N/A

--------------------
#MADEHISTORY

user posted image

.pm    .email   
^
Keygan
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 03:22 PM
.quote   

Montreal Militia Co-GM

SMJHL GM

N/A
N/A

Fairly lofty, after a fourth seed appearance in the playoffs in a season we didn't win more than two games in a row my expectations are high. We've only gotten better since that too, adding Rhys and calling up myself we've increased our teams overall ability on the ice by quite a large margin in my eyes.

It is true, at one point Ronnie Westbrook actually offered me to sleep in his bed with him, and his fiance would take the couch but ultimately I decided to opt for the offer from Robert Phelps who is a guy I've grown quite fond of in recent years after being opposition for my first season.

In Hamilton no doubt, once I hit 21 and am eligible for an eight season extension I will be signing it.

--------------------
user posted image
CODE

.pm    .email   
^
Keygan
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 03:23 PM
.quote   

Montreal Militia Co-GM

SMJHL GM

N/A
N/A

QUOTE (Winter is Coming @ Jan 13 2018, 12:40 PM)

Absolutely

--------------------
user posted image
CODE

.pm    .email   
^
Muford
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 04:43 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2923
Rep: 0 pts

N/A
N/A

How do you feel about that trade that Prince George made? They are now running through the playoffs, only to hiccup in game one of the Finals?

How do you feel you will match up in the SHL? Do you think your game will translate easily?

Where do you see Tommy Tuck being drafted? Any words of encouragement for the upcoming draft?

If you could go back in time, where would you go and why?

Last one, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

--------------------
user posted image
.pm   
^
ThatDamnMcJesus
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 04:51 PM
.quote   

SHL GM

Pacman Champion!

QUOTE (Keygan @ Jan 13 2018, 02:22 PM)

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/ashamed/ashamed0001.gif

--------------------

user posted image ]
user posted image
.pm   
^
Beaver
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 11:57 PM
.quote   

actually a skunk

Bank Manager
Member ID: 2728
Rep: 25 pts

N/A
N/A

1. How will it feel to lose the Jesster to your brother?

2. Are you prepared to cope with a career of living in Jack Tanner's shadow?

3. Can you give me an incredibly detailed rundown of what sorts of things you will be spending the money you make from this presser on?

4. What is the best thing about Hamilton?

--------------------
Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

user posted image

user posted image
.pm   
^
bluesfan55
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 09:22 AM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2724
Rep: 22 pts

N/A
N/A

You’ve gotten your wish and will be playing for Canada at the WJC. How do you think you'll do there?

--------------------
user posted image user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
.pm   
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Graded Articles | Next Newest »

.options    .reply    .quick reply    .new topic    .new poll