welcome

SHL Discord

Welcome to the Simulation Hockey League!

The SHL is a hockey player sim league that has been running strong for over thirty seasons in its current iteration! Through the use of Simon T. Hockey Simulator and a unique progression system, the SHL promises to be just what you're looking for and more!
staff
League Management
expand/close

OWNERS:
Leafs4ever
jkrever
Spangle
Trill
teztify

COMMISSIONERS:
Eggy216

SMJHL COMMISSIONERS:
Storm
ztevans
Rabidsponge21

HEAD OFFICE:
CRUTCHFIELD
Formx
prettyburn
ArGarBarGar
Avakael
Copenhagen

SHL GENERAL MANAGERS
Buffalo Stampede:
WannabeFinn

Hamilton Steelhawks:
ThatDamnMcJesus
Gooney

Manhattan Rage:
NUCK
TheRealBK

Minnesota Chiefs:
Baelor Swift
Andybj

New England Wolfpack:
Eggy216
Toivo

Toronto North Stars:
Symmetrik

West Kendall Platoon:
Beaujeaux
JR95

Calgary Dragons:
Steelhead77
c00kies

Edmonton Blizzard:
karlssens
Ace

Los Angeles Panthers:
Wasty
vbottas17

San Francisco Pride:
Grapehead
galatix

Seattle Riot:
Abdeezy
r1c3bowl22

Texas Renegades:
Phobospwns

Winnipeg Jets:
Nereus
MWHazard

SMJHL GENERAL MANAGERS:
Detroit Falcons:
TheWoZy
Waters

Halifax Raiders:
FourFour
Shmurph

Montreal Militia:
drodger91
ConnorTanner

St. Louis Scarecrows:
TML99
JKortesi81

Colorado Mammoths:
ToeDragon84
InciteHysteria

Kelowna Knights:
Samee
NourFFAK

Prince George Firebirds:
spooked
Sleepy

Vancouver Whalers:
DrunkenTeddy
adamantium
twitter
news
The Simulation Hockey League's 38th Season is currently underway!

Congratulations to the Winnipeg Jets for winning the Season 37 Challenge Cup, and the Detroit Falcons for winning the Season 37 Four Star Cup!

Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post ) .locked    .new topic    .new poll   

» S38 PT 1 - Growing Up Quick
Marc Bradford
 Posted: Dec 7 2017, 04:05 PM
.quote   

N/A

Player Updaters
Member ID: 2489
Rep: 5 pts

N/A
N/A

My journey here was described last week in an article but they focused more on my brother’s antics. I did not have much interest in going pro and I wasn’t even playing in the minors. I played mostly pickup games wherever I happened to be living at the time. Then I just decided, why not? My brother is retired and just won a silver medal for our country. I’d like to bring home a gold medal one day. He also won a Cup with Montreal, and this is something I’d like to do too. Montreal were pretty much the only team to reach out to me and I’m not sure if other GM’s had no interest or if they just knew that I wanted to play in Montreal first. So that happened and it was great getting picked up by the Militia in the third. We have been off to a rough start but I anticipate us to get better as the season goes on. We are still figuring everything out but I have full confidence in the team.

So I guess what led me here was my brother’s small legacy. I want to eclipse it and go down in the books myself. I have never really had any support. I just let a few people know that I was interested in playing a few months ago and to keep an eye out for me. Here I am.

--------------------

user posted image

Player
Updates

.pm    .email   
^
brockbecker3
 Posted: Dec 7 2017, 10:47 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2937
Rep: 1 pts

N/A
N/A

Growing up in Canada I was surrounded by hockey all the time. With so much talent all over Canada it was hard to be noticed, going pro is every Canadian kids dream but not many get to experience the feeling of being drafted. The rush of waking up on draft day is like no other feeling, but with all the excitement opens the door for extreme heartbreak... Unfortunately I was not selected in the draft, but being considered is an experience in itself. When I wasn't selected in the draft I was so bummed, I lost so much motivation to keep going, what was the point, no team even wanted to take a shot on me. but I was taught as a kid to work hard and good things will come. So that's what I did, I got up off my ass and got to work. Every day on ice off ice, doing whatever I needed to do to become the best player I could be, then I got the call. I'm about to sign my first contract and I couldn't be more stoked. I wanted to prove to everyone you don't have to be the best player in the world but good things happen to those who bust their ass every day for what they want, and that's what I did. you have to prove yourself every day, stay motivated and I cant wait to get my name on the cup one day...

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
.pm    .email   
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

.options    Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  .locked    .new topic    .new poll